Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Contract Signed- It's Official!

I would like to share with all of you something that happened yesterday.


After years of work and a whole lot of rejection, I was finally offered a contract on one of my stories!  As of mid-day today I am officially an author of Breathless Press, a small press devoted to all things romance.  I am still getting familiar with them but I had to giggle a little when I discovered the title of their blog "Breathless Press- Bedtime Stories for Adults."  I think we are going to be a great match for each other.


The book, Witness Protection, is the first in a series about loner cops with huge chips on their shoulders that face off with strong, independent women and end up losing their hearts despite how hard they fight it.  After all these years I wrote a book about something I enjoy and had fun doing it.  That was the key, all along.  Write what I know and have fun doing it.  Seems so simple...yet it took me so long to get the hang of it.


I have already begun communicating with my editor who answers all of my questions patiently and quickly.  In a few days we will begin to work on revisions and getting a cover designed.  Their website says that it should take only four or five months from date of contract to date of release- that means before Thanksgiving I will be a published author.


Actually, I should say I will be a professionally published author, by another party.


If you have checked me out on Amazon lately, I actually have a couple of mysteries available there both in ebook and print (http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=carolyn%20laroche ) that I am very proud of. 


Tucked in with the mysteries is also a fantastic book that I co-wrote with a friend and the help of dozens of police wives across the continent called The Crazy Lives of Police Wives.  We have already- in just two months- far surpassed my wildest expectations of a self-published book.  Hundreds of print and ebook copies are already out there helping and entertaining police wives around the world (yes , we have even sold a few copies overseas!).


When I started my first book I was working as a research assistant in a chemical engineering lab.  I spent hours by myself, watching a "batch" of whatever "cook".  I couldn't leave it unattended but I would have gone out of mind without something to do.  So, with a legal pad and a pencil I put out the first version of Double Jeopardy over about a years' time.  At night I would go home and type up the day's notes.  Fifteen years later, I finally finished it.  In that time I worked on others, including Witness Protection and I am proud of how far my writing has come.


A big thank you to all of you that have supported and believed in me as I navigated the rough waters of writing and publishing.  I know that this is just a small step in my career but it is a step in the right direction and there are no words to describe how excited I am to be heading down that road.

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations! I look forward to reading many of your books in the future. You write them, I'll eagerly read them! Keep up with your blog too... I am very much enjoying it and look forward to your posts.

    ReplyDelete